What is Dim?
DIM – Diindolylmethane is a phytonutrient (plant nutrient) and it is responsible for many of the health benefits associated with vegetables. When taken as in supplement form it may give help women with estrogen dominance, that is, changes in hormone production and metabolism resulting in excess estrogen action, the result being hormone imbalance.
When you eat vegetables one of the many compounds you ingest is DIM (Diindolylmethane), however it is difficult to get enough DIM from your diet from vegetables. That is why it is beneficial to take it as a supplement.
A useful dose is 15 mg per day, and men should start with 30 mg per day.
Dim may support
• Weight loss – Many studies have found that DIM may increase lipolysis also known as fat burning
• Healthy Estrogen/Testosterone – DIM may assist the liver to process bad metabolites
• Hormone imbalance – DIM may help your liver make more of the good metabolites leading to hormone balance
• Metabolism – DIM, when consumed in food or in absorb-able formulations encourages its own metabolism
• Peri-menopause – DIM may assist in reducing these effects
• Rising estrogen in men – Some middle-aged men in their 50’s and 60’s may receive benefits of DIM with estrogen levels